Monday, November 3, 2014

The Road South

There is a place out there, that no matter where you are at in life makes you feel completely at home. Maybe we are even blessed to have more than just one special place.
With the first sign of your special place, your mood could change,  memories of adventure, good people, shared meals, and a simple life all start to come back to you. During this moment all your worries seem to be put on hold as you arrive back to your special place. Life is at it’s best.

For me one of those places starts as I cross the border and get in the lane heading south down the 1 towards Rosarito/Ensenada. As I drive along this foreign road a fence divides two countries and I feel like I am on the right road. With the first sign of the ocean, whether she is breathing long powerful swells or in her gentle tranquil state, at this moment is when life starts to make a little sense. From the toll road to the coast highway and turning off on that bumpy dirt road, I am slowly arriving to my little slice of heaven. Life starts to become more simple.

I wake up early to the sound of the ocean. As I step out onto the deck for as far as I can see is a sight so mesmerizing. The Pacific Ocean, right now life revolves around her.
A warm cup of coffee sits by my side as I take in mother natures morning music. The fisherman start their day by patrolling their lobster traps just along the reefs avoiding the breaking waves. Pelicans fly by in perfect unisons. Every now and then one breaks off to go explore the sea, gliding among her swells. I sit still, breathe slowly and welcome another beautiful day in Paradise.

That first splash of the cold water as I paddle out in the surf puts me in a state of bliss. I will share this with others, but also find solitude and peace. I try to become one with her, mimicking the movements of the waves and then I realize how small I am in something so big, beautiful and vast. The ocean is my playground. In these moments everything is lost, except I feel so found. Once again I made it home.

Enjoy the photos of our trip from BC to Baja.
Epic times with amazing people.





















No comments:

Post a Comment